Your Blog Is an Important Asset — If It Attracts the Readers You Want
Your blog is one of the best ways to establish yourself as an authority in your field and to get your brand identity known broadly. It also allows you to receive and respond to feedback from people interested in your services and your blog topics. The more people who read and like your blog, the better known you and your brand become. It’s well worth the time and effort to promote your blog. Thanks to Endurance Marketing for the inspiration for this post.
1) Promote Your Blog Far and Wide
Shameless promotion of your blog on as many venues as possible will expose it to hundreds or thousands of new potential readers. Here are the most essential things to do:
- Get your blog listed in the top human-edited blog directories. That includes directories like Technorati, Blogarama, Blogged, Blogernity, Blog Flux, On Top List, Blog Hub, and Blogger Now, among others.
- Include prominent links to your blog from the main navigation of your website and also in your page footers.
- Establish social media accounts at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn, at a minimum. Include a link to your blog in the About section of each of them.
- Include a Facebook Like button and a Google +1 button on your main blog page and on all individual blog post pages.
- Make it easy for readers to share your blog posts on their own social pages to expand your reach to all of their connections. The tool we use here is from AddThis. It provides opportunities for readers to very easily promote your post to all of their followers on almost any social media site imaginable.
2) Promote Every Blog Post Your Write
Don’t just write a great blog post and hope people will flock to it. Promote it in social media. At the very least, write about it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. And be sure to include a link to your post when you do that. For our clients, we typically promote each of their posts on a total of 15-17 of the best social media platforms.
3) Promote Your Blog On Your Emails
Don’t overlook the opportunity to include a link to your blog in your email signature block. That exposes your blog to anyone you correspond with.
4) Promote Your Blog on Other Blogs
Many blogs have a blogroll — a list of other, usually related, blogs that may be of interest to their readers. You can see an example of that over on the right, in the section called Other Blogs of Interest. Seek out blogs related to your topics and contact the owners of those blogs to suggest they add you to their blogrolls. You may be asked to add them to your blogroll in return, as well. If you create compelling blog posts with great information that’s helpful to your target market, similar blogs may be very eager to link to you from their blogrolls.
How do you promote your blog? Let us know in the comments below.
Like this post? Please Like it or share it with your friends via the links above, or +1 it in the link below. Thanks in advance for helping us promote our blog!
Need help with promoting your blog and your website, and showing up prominently when buyers search for what you have to offer? Rank Magic can help.