One of the most powerful techniques for improving your search engine rankings is to create content that will attract links (“link bait”). Links from directories, reciprocal links, and links you request from other web sites have great value, but there is nothing like the unsolicited links that come from other webmasters.
Here are some ideas on how to get started creating link bait:
- Freebies – Give away an e-book or a tutorial or something else of value
- Review products in your industry
- Write about news in your niche
- Develop a tool and share it (another freebie, yes)
- Interview someone famous in your industry and publish the article on your own site
- Start a controversy
- Create a contest or award Program
- Create a resource: lists of the best the books in your industry, a glossary of terms for your business
- Report on Statistical or Financial trends in your industry.