One of our strategic partners, Eagle Soars Consulting, has written a good piece explaining why investing in a professional marketer/designer is good for your business. The points they make aren’t restricted to the quality of work you can expect, though of course such work is almost always far superior to what non-marketing small business owners can produce. They also point out that the ROI is better when you hire a professional.
Some of the advantages of hiring a professional marketer or web designer or copywriter are
- They bring objectivity and aren’t blinded to customer needs by being too close to the operation of the business.
- You can offload the creative burden to them, reducing the strain on you and/or your employees’ time and attention. That allows you to continue to focus on what you do best: running your business.
- A professional can produce effective marketing copy. That’s far more than simply grammatically correct text — it’s a compelling customer-focused story that motivates readers to want to do business with you and only you.
- Professionals help with managing deadlines, and aren’t distracted by business emergencies you may be exposed to. In the constant battle between what’s important and what’s urgent, the professional you hire can focus on the important marketing issues and free you up to handle the urgent issues in your business.
- When you add up the true cost of doing it yourself — salaries, overhead, lost productivity, distractions, and so forth — using outside professionals is almost always less expensive.
The article by Eagle Soars Consulting is focused on marketing consulting, copywriting and web design. But it also applies to search engine optimization. Sure, our blog of more than seven years provides tons of information that (given the time and inclination) can be implemented by you, a small business owner. But our experience and that of our clients is that the folks at Eagle Soars Consulting are quite right. It’s easier, better — and cheaper — to invest in professional help.