November Search Engine Share
Google pulled away from Yahoo in search engine usage during November in a major way, according to comScore Networks Inc. Google nabbed almost 40 percent of all searches in the U.S., a commanding lead of more than 10 percentage points over Yahoo, which took second place.
ITWorld.com reports these figures:
- Google 39.8%, up from 34.6%
- Yahoo down to 29.5% from 32%
- MSN dropped to 14.2% from 16%
- All three add up to 83.5% of all searches
[Update March 2021] As an interesting comparison, here are US market share comparisons in early 2021:
- Google 88.1%
- Yahoo 3.0%
- Bing (formerly MSN) 6.2%
- All three add up to 97.3%, up from 83.5%
- Relative newcomer Duck Duck Go adds 2.4%
Quite a dramatic shift from 15 years ago!