Six Things You Should Be Aware Of Before You Buy “Guaranteed Traffíc”
Site Pro News has a revealing article about services that guarantee traffic through your pay per click (PPC) ads. It seems some of these services are click fraud scams. Here are the highlights:
1. How do they get their customers? They should have some reasonable explanation for how they entice 10,000 or so customers to click on your ad.
2. Do they allow sites with pop ups? If not, why not? Could it be their automatic click machine doesn’t work on sites that have pop-ups?
3. Do you have the software necessary to monitor your site to determine if the clicks are coming from unique visitors? If you don’t, you have no way of knowing whether or not you have 10,000 unique potential customers or 1 machine clicking your site 10,000 times.
4. Do you know what the historical conversion rate of your site is? If sales aren’t tracking that conversion rate, why not?
5. Are there any complaints listed with the Better Business Bureau? (Or, if you want a report for consumers by consumers, check the Rip Off Report).
6. Finally, if you suspect fraud or feel you have been badly treated, email the company in question and demand your money back. If you don’t get it, post to the BBB, or better yet, the Rip Off Report. Sites like this one will put some of these guys out of business.