Do You Need an SEO?
Google has an excellent post that answers this question and more. Here’s how they start:
SEO is an acronym for “search engine optimization” or “search engine optimizer.” Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time, but you can also risk damage to your site and reputation. Make sure to research the potential advantages as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site.
So how do you tell an “irresponsible SEO”?
We’ve addressed some of this before with posts that can all be found here. The recent article by Google overlaps a bit with that, and here are the main points Google stresses:
- Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue.
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.
- Be careful if a company is secretive or won’t clearly explain what they intend to do.
- You should never have to link to an SEO.
- Choose wisely (our posts can help).
- Be sure to understand where the money goes (organic or PPC?).
- What are the most common abuses a website owner is likely to encounter?
Like this post? Please say so with the Like button above or the +1 button below. Or tweet it with the button up top. Thanks for sharing.
What are your thoughts? Do you agree? Disagree? Let us know in the comments below.
We encourage you, after reading what Google has to say, to put us to the test.