SEO Myths: SEO Experts’ Favorites
There are a lot of SEO myths out there about what does and doesn’t work for search engine optimization. A recent poll of SEO experts revealed a bunch of them.
All of the following SEO myths are false.
- Linking to external web sites dilutes your Page Authority.
- You only need keywords in the keyword tag.
- IP address changes will hurt your rankings.
- Use of the keyword meta tag will boost rankings.
- Meta tags help rankings or are more important than visible text.
- You just have to put all your keyword phrases in meta tags on your homepage.
- I (or anyone) can guarantee a number 1 position for a particular keyword next week.
- Submitting to (hundreds of!) search engines has any value.
- That anyone can guarantee anything via SEO.
- Google Ads can help in search engine rankings.