How to Drive More Readers to Your Blog Posts
None of us writes a blog just to admire our own words of wisdom. We write it to provide information, to bolster our credibility, to illustrate our expertise, to attract new customers … the reasons are many and varied. But they all share the common factor that we want readers.
Just creating and writing a blog is not a guarantee that it will attract readers. There are many things readers may find attractive: humor, images, pithy writing, helpful information, insightful analysis, compelling content and more. But if no one knows about your blog, no one will read it. Just like a website without SEO, it may end up being like a Billboard in the Woods.
Where Do You Get Exposure?
There are a bunch of places to seek visibility for your blog posts. BlogPros.com recently listed 50 of them. Let’s highlight some of the best ones for a small business blog.
- Social Media Sites
- Social Bookmarking Sites
- Article Directories
- Personal Resources
- Paid Advertising
- Specialized Sites
- These are similar to blog directories and bookmarking sites, but are more narrowly focused. Here are a few examples:
- Business2Community for business related content
- BizSugar for content related to small businesses
- DesignFloat for material related to web design
- DeviantArt for the art and design community
- MySpace for music and entertainment related content