6 Copywriting Mistakes That Can Hurt Conversions
Craig Anderson, a copywriter at Cooper Murphy, a UK copywriting and content marketing agency, recently wrote about 6 common copywriting mistakes that can cause people to either leave your web page prematurely or simply not be motivated to buy your product or service.
- Failing to test long copy (don’t assume long copy is always bad)
- Using a page structure that turns people away prematurely
- Assuming mathematical literacy (this one surprised me)
- Trying to copy the look & feel of Twitter or Facebook
- Overlooking the power of the word “why”
- Forgetting to flip positive statements into negative ones
None of his suggestions (read his article here) are hard and fast rules, but the take-away message is to try them out and test the results.
Take Craig;s advice to heart and you may just improve your conversion rate.