You need to show up in search
All small business owners want the same things: profitability, growth, and customer satisfaction. Regardless of the type of business you own or the current size of your company, you can probably agree on this. In today’s world, it’s not enough to have a local business with an office; you need to have an online presence and rank higher on Google, Yahoo & Bing.
Consider these issues for your small business web site
- Creating a search engine friendly website for your business is the first and most essential way to accomplish that.
- Choose a good domain name.
- With the growing popularity of social media, it’s also a good idea to create business profiles on the most important outlets, link them to your website and maintain an active presence there.
- You need compelling calls to action, proper heading tags, and contact forms to increase conversion, make it more search engine friendly, and make it easier for your potential customers to contact you.
- Your website should have an appropriate sitemap and clean and easy main navigation. These things are important because they’ll make it easier for the search engine to index your website’s pages and for your customers to easily find what they need on your site.
- Contact and feedback forms are important to maintain customer satisfaction and often lead to return business or referrals.
- There are several other aspects to consider; things that are not required but may still be a positive addition to your website. Features like a search function, FAQ page, and social media sharing buttons are just a few examples.
Here is a helpful infographic by 99MediaLab, on 50 features every small business website should have. This should help you create the most efficient, user-friendly, and appealing website possible.