Online reviews are increasingly being consulted by consumers before making buying decisions. Here are a dozen reason they can affect your sales.
- Local sites featuring reviews are more prominent in search than in the past.
- Two thirds of local directory traffic comes from people searching for products & services. (source)
- Regardless of your SEO, local sites drive visitors to your site. (source)
- Each star in a review translates to 5-9% impact on revenues. (source)
- Local independent businesses are the most affected by reviews. (source)
- 61% of customers read online reviews before making a purchase decision (source) and Forbes says it’s as high as 90%.
- People are 63% more likely to buy from a site with user reviews. (source)
- Reviews are 12 times more trusted than your web site itself. (source)
- More reviews lend credibility to the ratings, driving visitors and sales. (source)
- The Harvard Business Review says that good reviews can increase sales 32%-52%.
- Negative reviews can cause a drop of 15% in sales (source)
- But for an unfamiliar product, even bad reviews can sometimes increase sales. (source)
Do you have a process in place to increase the likelihood of getting good customer reviews? If so, let us know about it in the comments below.
Need better rankings or more visibility in local directories? Rank Magic can help!
If you like our blog, please share that with the buttons above and give us a +1 at the top of the page. (Thanks)